- Why and how did the Mongols come to create an empire which spanned most of the Eurasian continent? What made the Mongols militarily successful?
- How was Mongol diplomacy conducted?
- Why did the Mongol empire eventually decline and fall?
- “Nomadic political theory“: tactics in war. principles of social organization, the role of paths and nodes.
- Erik Ringmar,”The Mongol Khanates,” History of International Relations (Cambridge: Open Books Publisher, forthcoming)
- Starr, S. Frederick. “The Mongol Century.” In Lost Enlightenment : Central Asia’s Golden Age from the Arab Conquest to Tamerlane, 436–37. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2013.
- Schurmann, H. F. “Mongolian Tributary Practices of the Thirteenth Century.” Harvard Journal of Asiatic Studies 19, no. 3/4 (December 1956): 304-89.
- Why did the Mongol invasion of Europe fail? Read more here. Presentation by Guillermo Ramos Perez.
- What was the Black Death? How did it spread? Read more here. Presentation by Maja Holmgren.
- What is “Eurasianism”? Is Vladimir Putin a Eurasianist? Should we care? Read more here. Presentation byOskar Westesson